Shake-It-Up Chicken Nuggets recipe And Books
|Super Recipe Contest|
Shake-It-Up Chicken Nuggets recipe and books|
So you would like to know how to make Shake-It-Up Chicken Nuggets recipe! It is not hard, follow the steps below and enjoy your own creation. Check our books section as well!
Shake-It-Up Chicken Nuggets
Serves 4; 4 nuggets per serving
Chicken nuggets are usually deep-fried in hot oil to give them a
crusty coating. But all that oil makes the nuggets greasy. In our
recipe, the chicken is tossed in a bag with seasoned stuffing mix and
grated Parmesan cheese. It is then baked in the oven. These
"oven-fried" nuggets are crisp and golden. But, they don`t have that
extra fat you get from deep-frying.
1-3/4 cups herb-seasoned crumb stuffing mix
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
3 tablespoons margarine
1/4 cup low-fat buttermilk
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (approximately 1 pound)
Resealable plastic bag (1 gallon size)
Small saucepan or small microwave-safe bowl and wax paper
Medium shallow bowl
Small, sharp knife
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
2. Measure stuffing mix into resealable plastic bag. Seal bag and
place on flat surface. Crush crumbs by rolling and pressing rolling
pin over bag.
3. Open bag and add Parmesan cheese. Reseal bag and shake to mix
4. Melt margarine (see Cook`s Note)
5. Place melted margarine, buttermilk, and pepper in medium shallow
bowl. Stir well with spoon. Set aside.
6. Rinse chicken breasts and pat dry with paper towels.
7. Place chicken breasts on cutting board. Cut chicken with small,
sharp knife into 16 chunks of the same size. (Each chicken breast
should give you 8 chunks or pieces.)
8. Dip each chicken chunk into buttermilk mixture, covering all sides.
Let extra buttermilk mixture drip off. Place 3 dipped chunks at a time
into bag of crumbs. Seal bag tightly and shake until chicken pieces
are evenly coated with crumbs.
9. Place coated nuggets on an ungreased baking sheet. Repeat with
remaining chicken chunks.
10. Place baking sheet in oven. Bake nuggets 4 minutes.
11. With oven mitts, remove pan from oven. Using tongs, turn over each
12. Return to oven and bake 4 to 5 minutes, or until medium golden
13. With oven mitts, remove pan from oven. Using tongs, remove nuggets
to platter or plates. Serve nuggets immediately. Place a small bowl of
your favorite dipping sauce nearby, if you like.
You can use the stovetop or the microwave to melt margarine. If you
choose a stick margarine, it can easily be measured by looking at the
tablespoon markings on the wrapper and cutting off the amount you
need. Each stick equals 8 tablespoons. To melt the margarine, follow
these easy steps:
Place margarine in small saucepan.
Place saucepan on burner.
Turn heat to low.
Heat until margarine melts, stirring occasionally.
Place margarine in small microwave-safe bowl.
Cover with waxed paper.
Microwave on HIGH (100 % power) 30 to 45 seconds for 1 tablespoon, or
45 to 60 seconds for 1/4 cup.
We truly hope you will like this American recipe, and enjoy your tasty Shake-It-Up Chicken Nuggets recepie. Check out these great recipe books and learn how to make Shake-It-Up Chicken Nuggets!
View Recipe Books - Shake-It-Up Recipe
Thank you for visiting Lovely Recipes and Books Web Site!
Website Design And Hosting - Abacus.ca